Location: Multiple States
From power generation to aluminum production, Alcoa’s successful operations history includes diverse material and product manufacturing. Given its large industrial footprint and the need to address environmental liabilities, Alcoa has enlisted POWER’s support for programs to manage, remediate and restore properties for over 15 years.
- Responsiveness—Supported a complicated sediment dredging project that was designed, permitted, bid and kicked off on a tight 4-month timeline.
- New technology implementation—Worked with a state agency to approve and construct a first-of-its-kind wetland treatment system that has provided significant operations and maintenance cost savings.
- Client advocacy—Supported Alcoa in a successfully resolved personal injury claims case by using sound science, solid technical work and a thorough understanding of site conditions.
- Multiple environmental and engineering projects
- Challenging schedules
- Public scrutiny
- Regulatory negotiation
- Development of new and innovative technologies
- Business case decision making
- Environmental and civil design
- Site assessment
- Remedial design and construction
- Contractor selection and management
- Contract negotiation and management
- Expert witness and legal testimony
- Public involvement
- Environmental permitting
- Landfill assessment and design
- Construction oversight and quality assurance
- Groundwater modeling
- GIS and database development
- Subsurface geologic and hydraulic modeling
- Groundwater, soil and sediment remediation