Whether you’re looking to upgrade aging infrastructure, harden your system against severe weather or apply the latest technologies, we can help you meet rising customer expectations for reliable service.
POWER’s experts apply the latest knowledge and good common sense to help you meet the most exacting demands.
A wide range of clients throughout the United States has called on POWER to perform distributed energy resource impact and interconnection services.
Whether contending with current demand or future growth of distributed generation systems, we can help clients understand challenges and break down barriers to DER integration. POWER partners with clients every step of the way—from reviewing interconnect applications and performing interconnect studies to providing owner or independent engineer reviews. As a trusted partner, we help clients keep pace with new technologies and customer demand.
DER Integration Services
- System impact, feasibility, and facility studies
- Load flow and system modeling and analysis
- Protective device coordination and settings development
- System stability and transient analysis
- Independent and owner engineering reviews
- Interconnect application process development and application processing
- Environmental evaluations and permitting support
- GIS analysis and mapping
System Hardening and Resiliency
Demands placed on the electrical grid are numerous and complex. Add to that unpredictable and often severe weather, and electrical service can take a hit.
Clients turn to POWER to harden their infrastructure, making it less susceptible to damage from extreme wind, flooding, or other weather-related issues. We can help improve durability when and where it matters most. We also partner with clients to enhance resiliency, decreasing the time spent recovering from a storm. Along with normal operations, customer confidence is also restored.
System Hardening and Resiliency Services
- System evaluation
- Vegetation cover mitigation recommendations
- Pole loading and strength analysis
- Underground conversion
- Wire type and size evaluation
- Distribution automation and switch placement recommendations
- Reliability index improvement recommendations
- Storm recovery support
Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) Solutions
An ADMS unifies data mainly from GIS, Asset Management, and other IT/OT systems to maintain a real-time distribution network model. Using this model, the ADMS performs advanced grid operations and analytics to efficiently address the grid modernization paradigm.
POWER Engineers has the technical expertise to tackle mapping and modeling distribution networks to bring the most of ADMS advanced functionalities. Our services include:
- Data Modeling
- Gap Analysis
- Common Information Model (CIM) compliance
- GIS network connectivity QA/QC
- Logical data population from multiple sources
- Source data systems enhancements
Expertise for Your Changing Grid
You’re faced with greater demands for electricity to power everything from light bulbs to electric cars. You’re also faced with a more complex grid that includes distributed generation, renewable sources and battery storage. Secure, highly reliable operation is more important than ever. It is the new norm.
You can call on POWER for help. We bring experience with planning, design, system modeling, system protection and automation to your project. We can help identify your system’s needs, design a solution to fit your situation and then deliver it.
Support for Your Vision
As experts in the energy industry, we work seamlessly with your project team. We support your staff members, not replace them. This keeps you in control while meeting your needs.
POWER senior engineers oversee experienced design teams as they perform project work. We also can call on our talented team of engineering, construction management and environmental experts for support when projects stray outside of typical boundaries.
And with offices throughout the United States, we are where you need us to be.
Distribution Design and Support Services
- Overhead and underground line design
- Overhead to underground conversion
- Line rebuilds
- System hardening
- Voltage conversion
- Underwater crossings
- Network design
- Equipment selection
- Siting and routing studies
- Distribution planning
- Distributed generation integration
- System simulation
- Protection and coordination
- Distribution automation
- Microgrid design
- Volt and VAR management
- Standards development