- POWER Engineers is established as a two-person (plus dogs) engineering company in 1976. That was in Pocatello, Idaho.
- Soon after the company’s founding, the Pocatello office burns down! (This event is memorialized in the form of the company’s annual holiday party called The Burnout, held in January.)
- Faced with rebuilding or relocating in any case, the founders (plus dogs) elect to rebuild somewhere they found more attractive than Pocatello. So they move 200 kilometers or so to Hailey, a small town just south of the Sun Valley ski area. The young company moves into an odd-looking log building near the Hailey airport.
- The founding families go camping together in the Sawtooth Mountains north of Hailey. And another POWER tradition – the annual POWER Outage – is born.
- Now with 20 people on board, POWER wins its first major power delivery contract: a large power system project that includes environmental, permitting and design for 100 miles of 230 kV line, 40 miles of 69 kV line, and seven substations and switch stations.